Wednesday, February 4, 2009

the little Micah-man (and all that he can do)!!


Watching my little nephew grow has been such a blessing!  I remember 4 1/2 months ago we crowded around the window and watched as Micah was given his first wash down and all.  At that point we didn't know just how incredibly smart he was (well given both his parents are both extremely intelligent I suppose we should have know Micah would be too).  So the past few months have been very fun watching him explore this world we live in.

  • At four months old, a baby should still allow people to actually hold them like a baby (aka. horizontally - like they are laying down).  Micah however, not only does not like to be held like that but will cry and try to push his way back up.  The reason = to explore the world around him. 
  • At four months old a baby should still be napping quite often.  Micah apparently thinks naps are useless...especially when there are aunts and uncles downstairs that he would rather be playing with.
  • At four months old, the closest thing we should get to a kiss would be a bunch of slobber on our cheeks.  With Micah, not only do we get a kiss...but he gives them on cues now.
  • At four months old, the closest thing to a plastic container a baby get liquids out of would be a bottle.  Micah however decided to skip that whole concept and go straight to a sippy cup.
  • At four months old, the idea of rolling over should still be a foreign concept.  Micah not only started doing it a month ago, but uses it to his advantage to hopefully skip that nap he should, like I said above, still be taking.
  • At four months old, the idea of teeth would be something a mother would think she had a couple more month to prepare for.  Micah, not a chance, with already his two front teeth popped through on the bottom and the top sure to follow!




So as you all can see (with just the few things I mentioned above) the word over-achiever should come to mind.  There isn't a thing that kid does that doesn't make us love him more and more every minute.  He is such a delight (even through his first cold) and just LOVES to have conversations with you as much as possible.  He is going to be a GREAT older cousin one day.

For now though, we will continue to enjoy the world through our 9-month old *cough* I mean 4-month old baby nephew eyes!!!  Well done Jess and Dave!!!


And I figured I would leave you all with this picture because it makes me just smile from ear to ear with how well a daddy my husband will be one day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too true, our little man wants to skip babyhood altogether and get to the toddler stage! He is a joy, the first of 12! A well written blog expressing how we all feel about our little guy. When Jess gets up from her nap, I will have her read it as well! Mom F

dave + jess said...

Wow, Kristina, sounds like you have a pretty smart nephew on your hands ;). D and I couldn't raise such a smart, adorable little boy without all of the help we get from you and the rest of the family. I love how you guys are always willing to stop by and play and spend your time with him, you can tell how much he loves you. I like it, too, because I get a break :) from my going-non-stop child! You are a wonderful aunt and Nick is a wonderful uncle and you guys will be wonderful parents some day (enjoy your time together for now).

Can't wait to see what he comes up with next, until then, we'll keep on enjoying those kisses!