

So recently Nick and I have really tried devoting time at some point in the day to dedicate to God together. We have our own personal time with him as well but as a new husband and wife, we know that having time together with Him can only do good! :-)
So to have something to follow as well, I searched long and hard for a set of books that we could read together as a catalyst towards are pray time together. WELL!!!! I could not have been more excited then to find this set of books called "The Power of a Praying Wife" and "The Power of a Praying Husband". I LOVE THEM!!! I have only read the first chapter of mine and already I have started to see the Lord working within me in regards to the treatment towards my husband!!! I have started to see Nick through God's eyes and let me tell you. . .WHAT A REVELATION! Things that used to bother me don't nearly bother me as much AND I have started working on how I approach things that are bothering me. I just can't wait to see just how much more our marriage will become by giving it totally over to the Lord!!! :-)
Plus to see Nick reading the book as well just warms my heart! :-)
3 comments:
It is good to see you so excited about spiritual things. To spend time with your husband in a devotion setting can only improve and strengthen a marriage. I enjoyed the insight you shared earlier via text message! Mom
We did a couples Bible study on this book and really learned alot: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. Check it out for next time. Amazon sells it.
What a great opportunity to spend time together and with the Lord! D and I got Oswald Chambers' lesser known devotional, Devotions for a Deeper Life, and are enjoying that together.
Post a Comment