Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Blessings of Family!!


I have to say. . . I was very blessed to acquire such amazing in-laws!  And I will tell you why...

Nick and I have been hit with car repairs very badly this past month.  Not just on one, but on both.  So to make sure that we were able to get the gifts we wanted to get for our family members and just to be more budget controlled, we figured that maybe this Christmas we just wouldn't get a tree.  Maybe a few sets of lights to put on outside, but as far as the inside, we were going to enjoy the homes of our parents instead.  Besides, there was always next year.

Well, I was telling my mother-in-law all this and my sister-in-law, Yana, happened to overhear (I think) and thought that maybe her and Ryan could purchase a Christmas tree for us because everyone knows the joy of having a tree.  Then apparently, to make sure we had a tree that we would be able to use for years to come, my other sister-in-law, Jess and her husband, also decided to pitch in some money so that Yana was then able to purchase a 6.5 feet tree!!!

Well, like every Friday night, we had ladies night (aka me, Jess, Mamma Fus, Mamma Rita, Yana and Oksana).  I happened to get there like 10 minutes before Yana, and upon her arrival she informs me that there is something left on the hood of my car.  Now imagine my surprise when hearing this because I just drove all the way from work, so I could of sworn that there was nothing left on my car.  Now imagine my even greater surprise when walking out to see the box with MY Christmas tree sitting on the hood of the car.  The best imagine to present you with is a kid in the candy store, jumping up and down, squealing "We have a tree! We have a tree!"

Our Christmas tree set-up with not only be memorable the very first time, but every year we have this tree because of their generosity and kindness!  The Lord definitely uses the love of the ones around us to show the love and kindness he bestows on all!!! :-)

Thank you again Ryan, Yana, Jess and Dave!!!





3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Wow! What a great gift! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I may be parital, but I have to agree that you acquired great sister/brother-in laws when you married! It will be not only exciting for the both of you, but as you said, you will remember that act of generosity and kindness each year when you set up your treat. Love Mom

Steve and Eden said...

Awesome!